The Always Award is designed to develop independent learners, further improve the progress the children make and to engage all parents/carers even more in the child’s education; it will reward children who are consistently showing responsibility by being prepared for the school day.
Throughout the week, our Learning Support Assistants will record whether children are maintaining high standards. Combined with children’s attendance and punctuality records, the children will be able to work towards achieving the Always Award. The class with the most Always Points will be announced in achievement assembly every Friday and the children with the most Always Points will be invited on a special school trip at the end of the year. We would be grateful if parents could continue to support children by helping with homework and gathering equipment at home, whilst ensuring their attendance and punctuality is the best it can be.
This is an award for children who:
- Always have 96% or better attendance and punctuality (no more than 4% late marks).
- Always wear the correct uniform and have the correct P.E. kit.
- Read at least three times each week and have the diary signed each time the child has read.
- Complete homework on time each week, to the expected standard. This includes learning spellings that are sent home for homework. Children must get a yellow or green score in their spelling test (10-15) AND complete their homework on time to the expected standard to receive their Always Award point for homework.
- Always follow the Children’s Responsibilities and not be placed on the ‘Cloud’ or be put on a detention.
Always Award Celebration Day
On Monday 11th July, all the children who had achieved their Always Award over the year took part in a celebration day. Although the heavens opened, the rain did not put a dampener on our celebrations. Have a look at the photographs below to share our day.
Over the year, classes have been collating their Always Points and the overall class winners were…. Year 2!
The children who consistently won their Always Point each week went to Alton Towers and had a fabulous time. Have a look at the photos below to see how much fun they had!