|Miss Brown||Mrs Khan|
|Reception 1 – Class Teacher||Reception 2 – Class Teacher|
|Miss Costello||Miss Craig|
|LSA – Level 2||LSA – Level 2|
|Preview coming soon||Preview coming soon|
In Early Years, we cover seven areas of learning; three prime and four specific areas. These are:
Communication and Language
Personal Social and Emotional Development
Understanding the World
Expressive Arts and Design
Our topic for this half term is ‘Animals and Growth.’ We are going to look at animals from around the world and discuss the different climates and habitats that they come from. We are really looking forward to our visit to Farmer Ted’s.
We are also going to be creating artwork for a collaborative project based on the artwork of Picasso.
In literacy, we are covering the authors Julia Donaldson and Eric Carle and in mathematics we are looking at numbers, counting, shapes, measures and pattern.
Each day, we are learning our sounds using Jolly Phonics. Look out each week for the new actions in your child’s phoneme book!
- We have PE on Friday each week. Please ensure all clothing has your child’s name in.
- Reading books are changed three times each week (Mon, Wed and Fri).
- Your child will receive a new set of spellings to learn each week at home.
- Reading (10 minutes) should be done daily.
- Your child will receive new sounds in their phoneme book each week. Please ensure that they bring them into school every day.
- We look forward to hearing about all the fun things you have been doing at home in your child’s Busy Bee, home-school book.