|Preview Coming Soon|
Our Key Skills topic for the Summer Term is
‘Why Can’t MeerKats Live in the North Pole?’
Throughout this topic we will be learning about Robert Scott and Roald Admundsen’ race to the South Pole. We will be carrying out an in-depth study on animals who live in the North Pole, thinking about why some animals are more suited to live in the Antarctic e.g. How do polar bears keep warm. In Geography and Science we will study hot and cold localities, comparing animals and their habitats from hot and cold places.
Don’t forget to check out The Worker of the Week.
- The new Y1 P.E. day is Thursday. Please ensure all clothing has your child’s name in and kits are in school every day, in case of timetable changes.
- Homework will be given out on Fridays and collected on Wednesdays.
- Grammar Hammer – every second Friday
- We have a spelling test each Friday.
- Reading (10 minutes ) should be done daily. Ensure all diaries are signed and children have read at least 3 times during the week.
- Reading books will be changed – Tuesday & Thursday