|LSA – level 2|
Our Key Skills topic for the Autumn Term is ‘What makes the Earth Angry’
All of our work will be centered around this topic. In Geography we will be researching what causes earthquakes, looking at tectonic plates and how volcanoes are formed. In History we will study Mount Vesuvius, looking at the events that led up to its eruption and the impact of this on the city of Pompeii. Our artist this term is the photographer G Brad Lewis and we will be creating representations of his work using chalk pastels on black paper.
- Y4 children will have PE on a Thursday afternoon, please can you ensure your child has the correct PE kit in school all term as there may be opportunities for sporting activities at various times throughout the term.
- Homework is sent out on a Friday to be returned the following Wednesday. Any queries with homework should be raised prior to the Wednesday deadline, help will always be given.
- Spellings are sent out each Friday to be practised for a test the following Friday.
- We have times tables practise each day, so please keep learning them at home.
- We encourage children to read at home each day to help them improve. If your child reads at least three times a week and this is signed by a parent/adult they will receive merits and a tick towards their Always Award.
- Our class visit the school library on Wednesday and library books will be changed then.