|LSA – level 3|
|Preview Coming Soon|
Our Key Skills topic for the Summer Term is ‘Pits and Mills’
All of our work will be centered around this topic. In History we will study Victorian life, especially children working in pits and mills. In Geography we will be researching Golborne and Wigan in the Victorian Era. We will be researching the Maypole Colliery disaster in Abrham and looking at the ecological effect of mining on the local area. We will create pieces of art based on pits and mills, looking in detail at the work of L.S. Lowry, experimenting with chalks and pastels.
Please check back to our class page to see what we have been getting up to in our work and learning.
- The new Y4 PE day is on a Wednesday afternoon, please can you ensure your child has the correct PE kit in school all term as there may be opportunities for sporting activities at various times throughout the term.
- Homework is sent out on a Friday to be returned the following Wednesday. Any queries with homework should be raised prior to the Wednesday deadline, help will always be given.
- Spellings are sent out each Friday to be practised for a test the following Friday.
- We have times tables tests each day, so please keep practising (By the end of Year 4, children are expected to know by heart ALL times tables up to 12 x 12 and the corresponding division facts.)
- We encourage children to read at home each day to help them improve. If your child reads at least three times a week and this is signed by a parent/adult they will receive merits and a tick towards their Always Award.