|Mr Hughes||Mr Billinge|
|Class Teacher||Class Teacher|
Our Key Skills topic for the Autumn Term is ‘USA: North Versus South’.
All of our work will be centered on this topic. In history we will be studying the history of America, focusing on how and when it was ‘discovered’, the impact the discovery had on the world and the role Christopher Columbus played. In Geography we will compare and contrast a region of the United Kingdom with a region in North or South America. We will learn about the reasons why North and South America separated, holding debates and writing accounts of events leading up the separation. In Art we will be using sketching skills to study the work of Georgia O’Keefe, producing our own artwork and sculptures.
- Year 5 will have P.E on a Thursday afternoon, but please ensure the correct PE kit is in school at all times.
- Homework will be handed out on a Friday and will be collected in on a Wednesday. There will be times that we set homework through Education City. If you are accessing Education City on a mobile device such as a tablet or a Smartphone, you may need to download the ‘Puffin Web Browser’ App and access Education City through this. It is a free App, which will allow the site to run smoothly.
- We have spelling tests on a Friday and we will have times tables practise every day.
- Reading should be carried out every day to help your child to improve. If they read at least 3 times a week, the children will receive a point towards their Always Award.
- Our class visit the school library on Wednesday and library books will be changed then.