|Mrs S Dickinson|
|Preview Coming Soon|
Our Key Skills topic for the Autumn Term is ‘USA: North Versus South’.
All of our work will be centered on this topic. In history we will be studying the history of America, focusing on how and when it was ‘discovered’, the impact the discovery had on the world and the role Christopher Columbus played. In Geography we will compare and contrast a region of the United Kingdom with a region in North or South America. We will learn about the reasons why North and South America separated, holding debates and writing accounts of events leading up the separation. In Art we will be using sketching skills to study the work of Georgia O’Keefe, producing our own artwork and sculptures.
- Our PE day is Friday, but please ensure the correct PE kit is in school at all times.
- Homework will be handed out on a Friday and will be collected in on a Wednesday. There will be times that we set homework through Education City. If you are accessing Education City on a mobile device such as a tablet or a Smartphone, you may need to download the ‘Puffin Web Browser’ App and access Education City through this. It is a free App, which will allow the site to run smoothly.
- However, in the lead up to SATs our homework will be more paper-based, covering the learning carried out in class that week.
- We have spelling tests on a Friday and we will practice times tables every day.
- We encourage the children to read at least 3 times a week. If they read at least 3 times a week, the children will receive a point towards their Always Award.