The 2014 Code of Practice says that:
A person has SEND if they have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for him or her. At compulsory school age this means he or she has a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others the same age, or, has a disability which prevents or hinders him or her from making use of facilities of a kind generally provided for others of the same age in mainstream schools. Taken from 2014 SEND Code of Practice: 0 to 25 Years – Introduction xiii and xiv
In September 2014, The New Code of Practice was introduced. We have produced a School Information Report to inform you of what our school can offer children and parents who have any aspect of SEND which can be viewed here: Golborne Community Primary School – School Information Report 2016-2017
For Wigan Council’s Local Offer, click here.
SEND at Golborne Community Primary School
Our objectives are:
- To identify and effectively act upon, at the earliest possible opportunity, barriers to learning and participation for pupils with SEND.
- To ensure our ‘Universal Provision’ is effective, in immediately addressing all the needs of SEND pupils.
- To ensure that every child experiences success in their learning and achieves to the highest possible standard.
- To enable all children to participate in lessons fully and effectively.
- To value and encourage the contribution of all children to the life of the school.
- To work in partnership with parents.
- To work with the Governing Body to enable them to fulfil their statutory monitoring role with regard to the Policy Statement for SEND.
- To work closely with external support agencies, where appropriate, to support the need of individual pupils.
- To ensure that all staff have access to training and advice to support quality teaching and learning for all pupils.
Enquiries about an individual child’s progress should be addressed at first to the class teacher since he or she is the person who knows the child best. Other enquiries can be addressed to Miss Yates (SENDCo). Please make an appointment with the school office if you wish to speak to the SEND Co-ordinator.
For more information regarding SEND please look at the Special Educational Needs and Disability Policy
Please find a copy of our Accessibility Plan here