Sports Premium Funding
The government is providing an extra £150 million of annual funding for the academic years of 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015, 2015 to 2016 and 2016 to 2017. The aim of this funding is to improve the Physical Education (PE) and Sports programs offered by primary schools, and is provided jointly by various governmental departments, including Education, Health and Culture, and Media and Sport.
P.E. and school sport play a very important part in the life of Golborne Community Primary School. We believe that P.E. and school sport contribute to the holistic development of our children and through participation, our children build and learn more about our key values such as ambition, pride, respect and resilience.
During 2016/17, our total PE and Sports Grant funding was £9,270 and was committed for the following:
£1,417 – A Star PE Consultancy Sessions Autumn 2016
£900 – Wigan Athletic After-School Clubs Autumn 2016
£1,417 – A Star PE Consultancy Sessions Spring 2017
£750 – Wigan Athletic After-School Clubs Spring 1 2017
£1,215 – Premier Sports Lunchtime Clubs Spring 2017
£1,685 – Premier Sports Lunchtime Clubs Summer 2017
£1,350 – PE Equipment, Resources & Transport costs up to July 2017
£500 – Primary PE Passport (iPads) Assessment
Total amount of PE and Sports Premium Funding available – £9,270
Total expenditure – £9,234
* Work with A Star PE Consultancy to develop both the school P.E. curriculum and teachers’ skills in the teaching of Physical Education.
* Supplement the increasing amount of competitive sport in which our children participate.
* Make links to community sports providers to further enhance the quality of P.E. lessons.
* Give extra support in PE to our most talented children and to those for whom sport may promote other skills.
* Provide more sporting extra-curricular clubs through Premier Sports.
* We hope our children will gain new skills and experience, and teachers will develop new techniques and knowledge to aid them in their future teaching of sport and PE.
We are currently spending a large proportion of our PE Sports Funding on PE Consultancy Sessions from A Star PE Consultancy. This is used to give our teaching staff personalised CPD to develop the teaching of PE at Golborne Community Primary School.
2013/14, 2014/15 and 2016/16 – Total P.E. and Sports Grant Funding £27,895:
2015/16 – £2,940 – Wigan Athletic Community Trust After-School Clubs
2015/16 – £4,250 – A Star PE Consultancy Sessions
2014/15 – £1,055 – Wigan Athletic Community Trust After-School Clubs
2014/15 – £1,200 – Astley Tri-Golf Centre Clubs
2014/15 – £6,000 – Lowton CE High PE Consultancy Sessions
2014/15 – £3,179 – New playground markings, including the football courts
2014/15 – £3,440 – New Basketball and Netball posts installed
2013/14 – £480 – Cyber Coach Virtual Dance and Aerobics Instructors
2013/14 – £4,161 – Physical Education Equipment and Resources
2013/14 – £1,390 – Transport costs to Sports Venues
Total amount of PE and Sports Premium Funding available – £27,895
Total expenditure – £27,663